At the end of the day, have you ever had a list of things that you didn’t get done flash in your mind?
Last week I had one of those days, when my ambitions were a little too high and I just didn’t get my “to do list” done. I had one thing left that I really wanted to do and I just didn’t have the energy, or interest in doing it. So I put it off until the next day. And guess what? That one thing was the very last thing that I did. The worst part of it, was I dreading it.
Here is the crazy thing…
It was the one thing on my list that was really for ME! I was neglecting painting my nails. I know – it sounds tedious, but the point is I was putting myself last. Even though it was a small thing, it is a message to myself, the universe and the people around me that I am the last priority at the end of the day.
I made the decision to do my very best to shift the way I was prioritizing my life and start putting all of my needs first. That is definitely not the first time I have had to do this, and I am sure it won’t be my last. We are all in constant evolution in becoming our best version.
I know that I am not alone in this challenge. So, I hope all of you take the time to read these reflection questions and make a positive shift in your life.
You are worthy and deserve to be happy.
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What do you do on a daily basis to make yourself happy?
- What are the last items on your “to do list”? What can you learn from that?
- How do you spend your spare time? Who is the priority?
- How do you spend your money? Who is the priority?
- How much time per week do you spend doing something you love? What can you learn from that?
- When was the last time you treated yourself?
- What place makes you really happy? When was the last time you made time to go there?
Life Lessons About Priorities:
- Putting yourself last is not selfless. In order to live your best life, you must take care of yourself. Putting yourself first is not selfish.
- All of our actions are a reflection of what we believe is important.
- We teach everyone in our lives about the way we value ourselves though our behaviors.
- If other people put our needs last, chances are we do too.
- Our happiness is our responsibility.
Life is one huge learning lesson for all of us, but the great thing is that we are in control of our lives and we have the power to change our circumstances. Every once in a while it is worthy to pause, look at what we are doing and adjust accordingly.
My challenge to you: if you always put yourself last, try for just one day to prioritize yourself and see what a huge difference it makes. Trust me, you won’t want to go back J
PS>> Drop me a quick note and let me know if you decided to make a shift and what you did.
PSS >>>If you have any topics you would like me to address, be sure to drop me a quick note and I will do my best to cover that.