Whether we like to admit it or not daily stress takes a toll on our entire being. The good news is that we all can take steps that not only improve our physical being, but also our mental wellness.
Over the years, I have to admit that I have put the care of my body dead last over everything else in my life. I know more than anyone how challenging it can be to get moving and to make the conscious decision to eat nourishing food. Especially when I have been extremely busy, exercise and cooking a great meal didn’t hit the top of my to do list. I have come to learn what a huge difference taking care of my body makes on my overall awareness, my energy levels and ultimately my happiness.
If you, like me, have been guilty of not prioritizing your physical being, I challenge you do something fun that will get you moving and improve your mental health.
NOTE: you may also want to practice mindfulness while moving.
25 Ways to Incorporate Exercise into your Wellness Routine:
- Garden (even try growing your own food)
- Dance around the house
- Go for a beach walk
- Play with children
- Hike somewhere beautiful
- Go for a bike ride
- Go for a photo walk
- Play sports with friends or family
- Join a fitness class (also a great way to meet new people)
- Swim, snorkel, or dive
- Watch live music and dance
- Start a home improvement project
- De-clutter and donate
- Walk to a local coffee shop
- Check out a local market and walk around
- Walk/play with an animal (if you don’t have one, you could always borrow one!)
- Volunteer to babysit
- Go for a “smile” walk (smile and say hello to everyone)
- Volunteer to walk dogs at a local shelter
- Go bird watching
- Skim rocks at the beach
- Go to a new location and go window shopping quickly
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Try geo-caching
Have a ton of fun and stay tuned for part 3 of this blog series which will include a really fun list of activities that will be sure to nourish your soul.